What is Juice Fasting?
Juice fast for liver detox is by far one of the most delicious diets. Whether you want to try juice fast for weight loss or to cleanse liver, it is easy to keep up with and the best part is you improve your hair and skin along the way.
Juice fasting involves individuals to skip meals and replace it with drinking juices throughout the day. You can also drink other liquids such as tea and water to stay hydrated.
Does Juice Fasting Work?
Yes! Juice fasting works wonders for individuals. However, before going on a diet, it is best to consult your healthcare physician.
Remember, not all fruits and vegetables are equal. Veggies have no sugar content, whereas fruits are loaded with calories and sugar naturally. Consuming too many fruit juices can spike your blood sugar and can make you prone to the risk of developing diabetes. To ensure you gain maximum benefits, add more fresh vegetables and only one or two fruits to your juice. This will give you a sweet kick yet keep sugar content to a minimum.
Juice Fasting Benefits
Also known as a juice cleanse, it has numerous benefits for the body. Juicing enables the elimination of pulp, which contains fiber, instead you are left with the goodness of whole vegetables and fruits. Though fiber is good for a healthy diet, some individuals can face digestive issues due to high fiber content.
Juicing retains minerals, vitamins and phytonutrients. Juice cleanse health benefits include the following:
- Since veggies and fruits are rich in minerals and vitamins, juicing helps introduce high nutritional content, which promotes good health.
- Juicing bolsters the immune system as they are rich in anti-inflammatory attributes.
- Juicing also revs up the metabolism, which helps you burn more calories.
- Drinking juices helps the body flush out toxins.
- Juice cleanse promotes digestion by introducing healthy enzymes that flourish gut health.
What Supplements Promote Liver Health?
If you want to promote liver functionality, you can also take liver support supplements, such as Herbion Naturals Liver Support Capsules. This liver supplement contains wholesome ingredients such as Milk Thistle that fortifies and protects liver cells. Our best liver supplement supports liver health, aids loss of appetite and treats sluggish liver. Buy natural supplements to experience the difference firsthand. These nut-free and non-sedative capsules are up for grabs on Amazon.ca.
How Safe Is Juice Fasting?
Juice fasting is safe as long as it is done for a few days only. If individuals fast continuously for too many days, they can lose out on nutritional content as well as start overeating due to feeling hungry all the time.
Instead of buying packed juice from the store, make a fresh batch every time. Making too much in one go and not drinking it can give way for bacteria to grow, which can pose a threat to diarrhea.
Before you juice, wash all your fruits and vegetables thoroughly to get rid of unwanted chemicals and bacteria. Since some farm-fresh produce might contain more pesticide residue than others, which might not be easily washed off, try buying organic produce instead.
How to Juice Fast to Lose Weight?
Healthy juice recipes for weight loss enable people to lose unwanted pounds in a short amount of time. Since you will not be consuming any starch, your body will shed water. This results in weight loss.
Cutting out greasy foods helps one lose weight and enable the body to adjust to smaller food portions, which lets you eat less once you go back to eating food.
A juice cleanse diet is best kept while juicing at home. Since most juicers eliminate the pulp, which has high fiber content, they aid digestion. However, since fiber contains numerous benefits for the body, you can store it and utilize it to make broth for soups, pasta or rice. Or even incorporate it in muffins and sauces for an extra healthy kick.
Here is a recipe that you can try from the coziness of your home:
Carrot Juice Cleanse for Weight Loss
Drinking a delicious tall glass of chilled carrot juice is excellent for aiding weight loss as it is full of fiber, low in calories and helps you stay full for long. Individuals who find themselves reaching for snacks mid-day can benefit by drinking carrot juice for breakfast.
Furthermore, carrot juice benefits for weight loss include maintaining blood sugar and cholesterol levels. This delicious juice is loaded with minerals and vitamins which help prevent diabetes. Moreover, carrot juice bolsters immunity, helps the body ward off free radical damage and increases bile secretion.
Below is a must-try delicious carrot juice recipe which makes 4 servings:
- Approximately 8 carrots (increase or decrease quantity as needed)
- ½ cucumber
- 1-inch ginger
- ¼ small head of cabbage
- Cut and peel carrots, cucumber and ginger.
- Chop up cabbage.
- Juice all ingredients.
- Pour in a glass, add a straw and enjoy.
Juice Fast to Cleanse Liver
Are you aware your liver is a powerhouse organ that works to maintain your health? This detox organ aids the immune system, metabolism, detoxification system as well as the digestive system. This vital organ can sometimes need a break; therefore, it is important to go on a healthy juice fast for liver detox every once in a while.
Below are some of the reasons why your liver might be in need of detoxification:
- If you adore indulging in oily fast foods, then a liver detox may be just what you need. After all, processed foods are difficult to break down and digest. Moreover, they produce toxic by-products, which can also harm the liver.
- If you enjoy indulging in the regular intake of carbohydrates such as sweets, pasta, sugary drinks and white bread, then you could be hampering your liver functionality. The liver has to work harder to digest processed carbohydrates, remove toxic substances present in these edibles and maintain blood sugar levels.
- Since the air that we breathe through the lungs also passes by the liver, it exposes this potent organ to industrial by-products and even passive smoking, which can harm the liver.
- If you do not get proper eight hours of sleep, then you could be harming your liver without even realizing it, as optimal liver functionality requires adequate rest and sleep.
Beet Juice for Liver Health
Beetroot juice benefits the liver by promoting bile secretion, activating liver enzymes and aiding detoxification. It is also loaded with betalains, that reduce inflammation and liver damage while protecting against oxidative stress.
This delicious vegetable aids liver and blood cleanse, enhances blood circulation and lowers blood pressure. Below is a detox beet juice recipe you can try:
- 1 apple
- 2-inch ginger
- 2 medium beets
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 lemon
- Half or 1 cup pure coconut water
- 1/2 cup raw broccoli
- 2 large carrots
- Peel skin from beets, carrots and ginger.
- Cut lemon and deseed.
- Cut apples, deseed and discard core.
- Chop up apples, beets, ginger and carrots into small cubes and add to a juicer.
- In between this process, add broccoli, blueberries and coconut water to washout the pulp.
- Squeeze lemon juice in the beet juice and stir well.
- Pour in a glass and enjoy sipping with a straw.